Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hope, Humanity, and the Human Spirit

I think the humanity/hope/human spirit" unit is supposed to get us to think about the role the human spirit plays in our lives and what makes us human. I think that we are trying to find out what keeps the human spirit going; Is it hope, love, faith? Soooo we are studying events that would lead people to need  hope and individuals who have or had a strong spirit so that we can figure out how we too can have stronger spirits and reach our highest potential.....at least that's what I understood we were trying to do. Personally I think that right now I would like to figure out what exactly is the human spirit and how does one obtain a strong human spirit when life has got you in the dumps. I want to know how people's spirits can be so loving and filled with hope and  faith when life constantly kicks them down.

5 comments:

  1. Nikki, I think you captured one side of the human personality (happiness, faith, hope, etc.) How about the side that "ordinary" (ordinary, as in the least opinionated way possible) humans do not see? (evil, evil hope, evil soul, etc.) Humans are not limited to just one side of the "Human Personality Spectrum." For example, you may have many people whose hope resides in the 'conventional' good, and yet, you have people who have hope in the darker realms of humanity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, I also want to learn what exactly is the "human spirit". I'm actually not so sure.. I always wonder what seperates peoples way of thinking. For example, how can someones life be so horrible but they are still so loving and caring and help everyone else out. I feel like were going to have a lot to cover in this unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echoing Hannah here, I too am curious about what the "human spirit" actually is. Do you think it means something different to different people? Any idea what it means to you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ms. Mystrena is it ok to change topic because, thanks to Jeremy Rifkin I want to study how come we act as though we are a race thats meant to be alone if we are wired for empathy. Why is it that if part of humanity is to belong and to celebrate life and flourish and be how come there are so many selfish people? Why does depression exist and how come people feel alone if the human race is supposes to be right behind you to pick you back up when you fall in life? These are the questions I ponder lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, I love your new topic(s). You have two very major themes here. This kind of thought is precisely what I hoped for. I am really interested in seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete